Friday, April 24, 2009

Guns Up!!

I finally got a dorm room. I'm super excited.

Today I found out the state of Texas got rid of the Texas b on time loan. Which pretty much a grant if you graduate in 4 years, if not it becomes a loan. It would have given my family over 5,000 a year and now its gone due to funding. The state of texas doesn't have a tuition assistance program for it students so now alot of us are wondering what to do.

My family only qualifies for the Stafford unsubsidized loan, and I have no college fund. I'll be the first to get a 4 year degree in my family but its sure going to be tough. I'm sure everything will work out fine, its just hard riding out the storm.

I signed up for orientation and everything. I pretty much have seniorites I'm ready to graduate. I'm ready for high school to be over. I have 4 weeks left and 5 till graduation. I have most of next week off due to state testing for everyone else.

Not to mention my two cccc classes end in 3 weeks. One paper, a test an two finals and I'm done. I got to experience a little bit of the college classroom experience this year and i've learned alot. I learned how to study, and that you must study. I will do much better next year at Tech and I didn't mess up my gpa so thats good.

0 comments: